Thread: dying fast.

Hybrid View

dying fast.

I'm a lvl 6 elementalist, and I feel like I'm dying way too quickly. a lvl 6 hyena can doo about 100 damage per attack out of my around 470 health. What am I doing wrong?

You may not be doing anything wrong. Elementalists are one of the "squishiest" classes in the game. The things to remember to make yourself more survivable.

1. Move...all the time. Learn to kite. You can't just stand there and go toe to toe with monsters. That's why just about every skill can be used while moving.

2. Learn to dodge. You can usually make two dodge rolls before endurance runs out.

3. Play with different weapon sets. Some weapons have more range than others.

4. Are you upgrading equipment as you go? When you finish a heart quest, the heart guy often becomes a karma vendor with some sort of upgrade. Put points into vitality or toughness to get more health or more protection respectively.

5. Don't forget to switch attunements and use all your skills. Some weapons have knockbacks, some have blind which will protect you, some allow you to move faster. Half this game is about buffing and debuffing.

I'm sure there's more but hopefully this will help.

Thanks man!!! I'll try this out. I think I need to upgrade all of my gear... I think I'm using most of my original armor!!

Yep, that won't help for sure. Upgrade weapons too. And those trinkets are helpful as well. Good luck!

In addition to Vayne's hints I, as a fellow elementalist, would suggest to get a staff if you're playing solo. It is the weapon with the highest range (especially in early levels most regular mobs should be dead before they come close enough to hit you). Besides that it has a lot of spells that slow or knockback the enemy, thus providing that extra room you need for fighting tougher mobs.

And if you're up against a group a well placed meteorshower paired with lava font will help you decimate the enemy for quite a bit before they can catch up with you.

Dual wieliding daggers is also a very neat weapon set, but you have to get up really close and thus will die easier, if you fail to dodge out of the (most of the time noticable in advance) big hits, most melee mobs are able to deliever. So I'd suggest you try this a bit later, when you got more comfortable with the movement heavy combat of this game (especially for squishies like Elementalists)

What i find annoying is..you level up get a good 10- 20 levels higher than that darned lvl 6 hyena..Pop back to the area to give it the good pasting it deserves.....and your lvl 6 again...Nooooooooo!!

Luckily the better Equipment and skills saves the day and you can dance on the hyena corpse for a while.

Do not meddle in the affairs of the Charr because, to them, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.