Hi all, not sure where to post this but i figured i'll ask here.
first of all, i just got gw2 and with 8 professions to choose from, im having a hard time contemplating on which would suit my playing style better.
in every game i play, i always base my character on these following attributes:
1. speed. it is of the essence (most important)
- movement speed
- attack speed
2. swords. all kinds of swords (2h sword, 1h sword, rapiers, katanas)
- im a sword fanatic, i cant live without a sword. (no daggers tho, they arent swords)
- usually i'll be dual-wielding instead of using a 2h because it is faster in most games
- in the event there is no swords, i'll be using guns. but that is highly unlikely unless its a FPS. but it seems there are pistols and rifles in gw2.
3. offence is the best defence
- dislikes using the shield, unless there is no choice but to. (game restrictions)
- i like to roleplay as my own gender
- no bulky or old looking character
- i prefer to dress in style / dressed to kill
so based on this, i did narrow down the choices. All races are out except Human. For professions, its either thief, mesmer, warrior or maybe a guardian.
i've been wondering whether a thief would be better suited for quick dual-wielding swords/pistol or a dual sword mesmer.
some input and profession build recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :>