Thread: Guild Wars 2 Forum Draft Sign-Up and Rules

Hybrid View

Guild Wars 2 Forum Draft Sign-Up and Rules

Ok everyone. The time has come for the first ever contest on GWars2Forum. We're going to have a draft, and pit teams against one another to see who can come up with the best Guild Wars related group of characters.

Here are the rules, and if you want to sign up just post a reply here.

Draft Rules

- Each team will consist of four characters. The characters must be from Guild Wars lore. They can be from either the game, books, or past lore.

- The draft will be in snaking order. Meaning, if you are chosen to draft first in the first round, then you'll draft last in the second round. The person who chooses last in the first round, will choose first in the second round.

- A character can't be drafted more than once. However, if there are different variations on a character, these are acceptable. Here are a couple of examples:

Prince Rurik -- Undead Prince Rurik are considered different characters

Pre-Searing Gwen -- Eye of the North Gwen are considered different characters

- When you draft a character, include a picture (unless it's impossible), along with a small description of where, or what the character is from.

- Upon completion of the draft, teams will be paired against each other. Users will then vote as to who the best team is. Every team will face off against each other one time. The team with the most victories wins.

- For the winner, there will be an actual prize. As more people sign-up, and the draft takes form, the prize will be made known.

The point of this contest is to be creative, and have fun. Having a team theme never hurts, and once we have matchups, people can campaign for their team to win.

You may also post questions about the contest here.

a few questions:
    - Guild Wars lore... is that only GW1 era and past, or does that include characters we've heard of from the GW2 era? (with your "from the books..." I assume everything is allowed, but just to be sure...)
    - Do they have to be human? Or are other races (like GW1 boss monsters) also allowed?
    Last edited by Centaur; 11-17-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Potentially stupid question: How do you sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Potentially stupid question: How do you sign up?
    You've signed up by posting here, that is if you do want to be part of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaur View Post
    a few questions:
    - Guild Wars lore... is that only GW1 era and past, or does that include characters we've heard of from the GW2 era? (with your "from the books..." I assume everything is allowed, but just to be sure...)
    - Do they have to be human? Or are other races (like GW1 boss monsters) also allowed?
    - It does include GW2 and GW1. If they're part of Guild Wars lore, of any kind, then they're eligible

- They do not have to be human, any/all races are able to be drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    You've signed up by posting here, that is if you do want to be part of the draft.
    Then, I'm signed up. I'm not sure I'll be any good at it but that doesn't matter does it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    - They do not have to be human, any/all races are able to be drafted.
    I don't hope gods and stuff like that can be drafted?
    But anyways, count me in!