Really this game is amazing and also I enjoyed a lot while playing this game. As it is multiplayer online game, enjoyed a lot playing with my friends and also the visuals impress us very much.
Play Live Roulete games for free
I played Aion for a while a couple months ago. These were the issues that I had with it:
1. Spam spam and more spam. Goldsellers everywhere constantly harassing you. They even set up personal stores with their website on a banner right in the main city. The only time you can get away from the spam is if the race you are playing is restricted from being made on that particular server.
2. The game is built around pvp. It's expected that you pvp in order to progress. But there is really only one server that you can expect to be ganked on. The rest of the servers offer a buff as a kind of protection.
3. Crafting takes forever to increase. Even if you do the orders from the trainer you are still going to shell out quite a bit of money in order to increase crafting. And if you want some of the rare recipes you have to do it in such a way as to slow down your crafting increase so you have a chance to get the recipes as a reward.
4. There are way too many characters all over the place. Since they merged a bunch of servers, it seems overcrowded. And that can cause lag depending on your computer.
5. Glitches. There are some really weird ones in this game. For example, people seeming to fall out of the sky and then disappear.
But if you can get past those annoyances, for a free to play game, it's quite nice.
My issue with Aion was the EU servers, the "free to play" was awful.
It left users unable to do essential things such as trade with other users or use the in-game broker.
Therefore I ended up uninstalling the game.
Also, as stated above by Tabbycat, so much spam.
I apologize for bumping an old topic, but I recently downloaded the game out of curiosity. My former GW1 guildies have been telling me about it so i decided to give it a go.
With that being said, the game isn't bad at all. I actually enjoyed it (I haven't gotten through the noob zone by the way lol), I might go back to this game some time in the future and go all the way through.
I was in the Aion beta and then played it on and off for about three years since then, most of the time was when it was a monthly sub fee. After it went free to play I went back and played it again. It was ok and I'm glad they went free to play, but for moral reasons I had to stop playing after the crap they pulled on their player base when they introduced the "fast track server". They told everyone that we'd get a fast track server that would give everyone who decided to play on it double exp. Everyone was excited about it for weeks. When it finally did go live, the "double exp" fast track server was the SAME exp rate as the REGULAR severs had been and regular servers' exp was cut in half. So technically the exp rates on the fast track server WAS double exp ...but only because the normal servers exp rates where lowered to 50% exp. It was a huge mess and people where so pissed.
After people got into an uproar about it and started raising hell NCSoft tried to cover it up by saying they had made a mistake months ago during a double exp event and just "forgot" to turn off the double exp for months and months ...right. It was a lie, of course. They just didn't want people leveling up so fast, so they dropped exp by 50% on all the servers but the "fast track" server. The whole thing made me sick to my stomach the way they treated their player base by trying to pull a fast on on us, by telling us we'd be getting double exp, and then by lying about the reasons they lowered exp on all the servers. I refuse to play that game again.
All random nit-picking and controversial things aside, the major gameplay problem with Aion is the same problem with most MMO's. You max out and there just isn't that much available. If you enjoy it, there's no reason not to play it.
Tried the beta, but it seemed super grindy with a heavy focus on consumables and RNG. Never bought the live version. I wanted to love it, because ... WINGS @_@ ... but couldn't get past that.
Took a few awesome screenies of Sarielle (who would have pink hair in GW2 if it were possible) though. Lol.