Thread: Forum Guidelines

Hybrid View

Forum Guidelines

Forum Guidelines

1. No spamming. There will be no toleration of spam, no exceptions. If you have a guild site you'd like to advertise, or even your own website then having a single link in your signature is acceptable. But any spam posts, or threads will lead to an automatic suspension. And if a user is blatant, a ban will be used.

The link to a website you're allowed in your signature must not be a commercial venture. No "Nike Shox" or "Free Rolex" type ads will be permitted. And no gold farming either, it's so 2007.

2. Show Respect. If you're posting in these forums, then more than likely you're passionate about Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. Emotions can run high, but maintain respect for others.

3. Try to post in the right category. GuildWars2Forum is set up to maximize efficiency. To help keep the forums organized, be sure you're posting in the correct location. The mods and admins will move posts, but if a user keeps posting in the wrong section then a warning will be issued, and eventually a suspension.

4. GuildWars2Forum allows the posting of YouTube videos. However, only 2 videos are allowed in a thread page at a single time. This keeps various pages from loading at a crawl. Special circumstances can be approved by an admin or mod. But before posting more than 2 videos on a page, receive permission.

I Wanna Be The Guy
    Ill try to upHold all the Rules, but i must ask, If we are being Rude or posting to much, will we be Told??
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't ever post too much, unless it's just outright spam.

As for the content of posts, it's an escalating system. So, unless you're directly trying to spam the site then a warning or temporary ban will be issued.

Small addition to Rule #1... the rule states that it's allowed to have a (one!) link to your own website in there. I'd like to add that this must be a non-commercial website! Posts containing links to commercial sites (regardless whether it's for selling guild wars gold or selling your own brand of shoes) will be treated as advertising, the post will be deleted, and the user will be banned.

Could you please define the term "spam"? It seems that wherever I go, the meaning changes from forum to forum.